Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Laid back Sunday

Planted some mums in the containers at church today. It felt good to give something back, even if it was just some flowers.

My doctor had ordered another 24hour Holter Monitor test for me because my heart "races" or "gallops" a times. This is the THIRD one I've had to do. It's so ironic, but absolutely NOTHING happens while I wear the silly thing, and I'l be darned within 8-10 hrs of taking it back to the hospital I'll feel a whirr or a thumpety-thumpety- f l o p  in my chest!  She's going to start thinking this is just all in my head if they don't catch it on the monitor.  LOL..

Made a sacrificial pilgrimmage to Hobby Lobby : )   and bought some new Charcoals for sketching.  I still have problems with drawing childrens faces, capturing the correct fullness in the cheeks. Worked on that for a while this evening until the lighting changed in the house. I prefer to draw/sketch in a lot of natural light, I just see better like that.  I was working on shading today, but it's going to take a lot of practice to get where I want to go with this.

Listening to a ToTo concert on D-Tv 101 Tonite. It's so cool cause they are playing a huge arena in Amsterdam, but I got to see the drummer, Simon Phillips at a tiny place called The Baked Potato in Studio City, CA in August with his jazz group.
You can just tell he is the consumate professional..very comfortable in either venue
 I've never seen a drummer play with more finesse.  He never 'beats' the drums, even on loud, rythmic songs. It looks like his hand and sticks just "float:" over the drums and cymbals.  Thank You God for music ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice site thanks for sharing. Would it be okay to contact you through your email? Please email me back.
    Thanks!
    Randy
    randydavis387 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete