Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

Mental Health Day

After doing the typical Saturday chores & shopping and Sunday's church & taking Michael to KFC for lunch... I needed another day to finish everything I had on my to-do list.  So, in a glorious tribute to a former therapist of mine I decided not go to work today, taking what he referred to as a "Mental Health Day".  Goodness knows, we all need one of those now and again!
So I cleaned (thoroughly) the living room and kitchen, ripped down curtains, washed & rehung those, popped some "adult contemporary" on the XM, went thru a bunch of books and periodicals putting those in either "give away" or "toss" piles, stripped my bed even down to taking the bedskirt off, changed all that out and put on a new, clean crisp Egyptian Cotton set. (LOVE THE HIGH THREAD COUNT!)..sorted thru some stuff while in the bedroom, contemplated how I am going to repurpose Craigs room (and what to do with all his old stuff he doesn't really want any longer)..and  ~~TA-DAAAA ~~MADE A HOMEMADE, FROM SCRATCH, PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE IN AN IRON SKILLET.....  May I just say YUMMMMMO !!
  Now I'm ready grab a glass of iced sweet tea and plop myself down on the back steps while flipping through the new Country Sampler magazine that came today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment