Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Between you and me..

I have wanted to start a blog for quite some time, so today is the day !  My life is now officially a journey to be savored and relished with joy.  I would like to share my thoughts, goals, wistful dreams and maybe even a recipe or two along the way !

Today was a non-descript 9 to 5 kind of day, but even at work I found some "joy" !  It's not really hard once you decide it is out there.  You just have to be receptive to the feelings of others.  A while back I started a little experiment.. it was to see how many times a day I could give another person a genuine compliment, or just a smile as they passed by.  You know what happened?  A better attitude, a brighter outlook, and a little inner joy just knowing that perhaps that other person felt a little better about themselves.  All you have to do is be observant, and find that special little "something" about someone else.  It is always there.  It's funny how the more you "give" the more you receive.  It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment